The VCX manual testing solution
Turn your test lab into an advanced VCX mobile phone testing lab.
VCX is a non-profit organization dedicated to objective image quality testing of mobile phone cameras. Each phone that is submitted for testing undergoes an independent evaluation and receives a numeric score. The camera is tested for its image quality performance under a variety of factors including bright light conditions, low light conditions, and zoom among others. The final score is the sum of the performance of each image quality factor. For more information, please see the VCX-Forum website.
Image Engineering is one of the trusted VCX testing labs. Using our test equipment, we have set up our lab in line with the specifications outlined by the VCX white paper. As VCX is an open and independent testing organization, any lab can request the white paper to conduct in-house testing on their own. We are making our test setup available for any test lab that wishes to test on their own or aspires to become an officially certified test lab of VCX.
In 2020, the VCX-Forum published the latest version of the VCX test. VCX v2020 (as it is known) will feature new performance indicators for extended low light performance (down to 1 lux), zoom performance at three light conditions including low light (10 lux), and a test for image stabilization that utilized natural human handshaking. Other indicators include a selfie camera image quality test and an image quality test for video.
The VCX v2020 manual solution covers all of the performance indicators indicated in the standard and includes the proper equipment that we utilize in our test lab when performing a manual VCX test.
The VCX manual testing solution consists of:
- 3x TE42-LL (1x A1066, 2x A460) available as 4:3 or 16:9
- TE42-LL Timing (A1066) for important timing measurements
- TE269-BX for OECF measurements
Illumination and Measurement Devices
- iQ-Flatlights - reflective chart illumination
- LE7-2x - transparent chart illumination
- STEVE-6DL - stabilization and handshake measurements
- iQ-Trigger / iQ-Trigger-T add-on - timing the shutter release
- iQ-Analyzer-X - the next generation of image quality evaluation
- STEVE 2.0 analysis software - evaluating camera stabilization
- iQ-Chartmount-H V2 - mount multiple charts for testing
- iQ-Monopod + floor rail (4 meters) - ensure camera stabilization with a proper rail setup
- 2x iQ-Mobilemount - securely mount mobile phones under test
- iQ-Anchor - a stabilization mount for STEVE
- Honeycomb Breadboard - a heavy stabilized board for securely attaching STEVE